In My Humble Opinion – A Discussion On Race
Over the course of this podcasts short life we’ve changed the format a bit. We’ve moved from a combination of big topics and news to a format that favors current events over lengthy discussions. Well we’d like to bring back some of those discussions. The hosts of In My Humble Opinion Podcast are planning on having a discussion on race. We’d like your help and input for this. While our experiences are those of Americans we’d love input from people all over. If you could take a few minutes to answer this questionnaire and send it in to us (at IMHOpod@gmail.com) it would be greatly appreciated.
We’re shooting for May to have this discussion so the sooner you send in your response the better. We understand that this is a sensitive topic and you may wish to remain anonymous. You can use a service like Guerrilla mail if this is a concern. Or you can just ask to remain anonymous. We would like to have a few guests for this round table so we can have a number of diverse opinions. If interested please include this in your e-mail and we’ll see if we can find a time that works.
- What is your nationality?
- Do you identify as a minority?
- How has race affected your life?
- Which comes first in your identity race, nationality, or something?
- How has the subject of race changed in your lifetime
- In your opinion are we moving forward or backwards in regards to race?
- What is your definition of racism?
Race In Everyday Life:
- How often do you think about your race or race in general?
- How much does race color how you see different events or stories?
- Do you think we as a country (and or people) focus too much on racial issues?
- Do you think everyone is a little bit racist?
- Are there racial double standards?
- How do you see race effects politics?
- On a scale of 1-10 what would you rate your country in regards to race relations? (1 being Nazi Germany and 10 being a Colorblind Utopia)
- And how much has it improved in your lifetime?
- On a scale of 1-10 what would you rate The United States in regards to race relations?
Thoughts On The Future”:
- What are your hopes for the future regarding race?
- What would be an indication that we’re in a post racial society?
- Is it possible to live in a society where race isn’t an issue?
- In regards to race where do you see your country in 50 years?
Lastly would you be interested in joining us for this discussion?
As Always Contact Us With Feedback Or If You Want To Join Us And Share Your Humble Opinions. IMHOPod@Gmail.com join our Facebook Group, and follow us on Twitter@IMHOPOD